Friday, March 26, 2010

Screwed again.

I hate #4 sheet metal screws. My fingers are too fat to hold onto them. I don't know how many times I've fumbled them onto the ground trying to get them into or out of a little tiny hole in the leading edge of the wing. My little girl can't count that high. They fall to the ground, and bounce and bounce hither and yonder. If it weren't for that eagle-eyed little girl who can walk standing up underneath the wing (on sawhorses) and pick them up for me, I'd be lost. She feels she's helping and little does she know how right she is.

The good news: one wing is 10 minutes away from being ready to cover. The other about a day. We put an extra gas tank in the left wing in anticipation of putting an O-200 in the airplane in the future. Still haven't heard from the engine guy on how my second set of cylinders is fairing but should early next week.

No comments: