Wednesday, July 8, 2015

OT: Sad Day

I'm a little sad today. Film processing at the last local Walgreens near me closes up shop tonight. I haven't shot much film in years, I've become addicted to the immediacy of digital like everyone else. But I still love my film cameras, love to use them, even if only 3 or 4 times a year. Film isn't as smooth, you can't blow up a 35mm frame as much and it's gotten a little pricey. But there's just something magical to me about cocking the shutter, manually focusing the lens, setting the aperture and hearing the click of the shutter.

So I'm left with the two major camera stores in town to process my color film. I can do my own black and white but I'd have to buy the chemicals first. My wife hates the smell...

I don't want to sell my film cameras, I don't want to put them on a shelf, I'd like to use them. But since I seem to be shooting less and less than before, I hate to see them go to waste. Yet it's like loosing part of my body.

Taken early this year on Kodak Ektar film.

No comments: